Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No clue

I really had no clue what we were getting in to when we signed up for this adoption. I thought it would be no big deal to fill out some paperwork and send some pictures. We had already been through our home study and fire inspection and a pile of paper work so I thought the biggies were behind us. Well, I had no idea.

Right now what I am working on is our profile. Basically a scrapbook of our lives that they send out to birth mothers. Once again I thought, no problem, I make scrapbooks all the time. Then they sent us samples from people who have been through the process in the past. Oh my, these profiles were pretty intense with all sorts of frills and fluff and big houses and perfect smiles. At first and at times since then I have struggled with comparing ourselves to these people and wondering why anyone would choose us. I am continually reminding myself of the truth that God is bigger than all this and is in control. I am very close to being finished with this profile.

Will you please pray for me:

1. That I will be able to finish quickly and well.
2. My mind will not compare and that I will trust that God is in control of it all.
3. That we will find a good inexpensive printer to print this for us.
4. Perspective: it really isn't that big of a deal but just seems big at the moment.

Thanks for being a part of our lives.

No comments: