Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Changes Ahead

It may seem strange but I am still shocked when I look in the mirror and see that I am pregnant. We waited for a long time to have another baby and during that time it was hard to see other people pregnant. Then when we were pursuing adoption I was able to remind myself that it is okay to not be pregnant because I would soon have a baby in my arms. In fact I was kind of liking the idea of someone else going through the pregnancy and labor part and just having a baby to bring home. God has His purposes and plans!

Mike and I have been talking a lot about the big change that Anna Elizabeth will make in our family. We have been a threesome for almost 5 years and this is what we are used to. We had Luke a little over a year into marriage so we were still getting used to each other by the time he came. I am so thankful for the 9 months of pregnancy to think through things like this. It would have been much more shocking to have someone hand us a baby and then realize how life was turned upside down.

In the end, we are really looking forward to these changes and can't wait to meet our Anna Elizabeth!!!


No comments: